I was making some carnitas tacos the other night and decided to make a complimentary salsa for them. I decided to add feta to my base this time. I use a 2 cup Pyrex glass bowl, which is perfect for two people (a I eat most of it). The flavors went very well with the smoked Carnitas tacos.
- Half of a small white onion, chopped
- 1 large jalapeño, chopped (include seed for any kind of heat)
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- Handful of chopped Cilantro
- Palm full of crumbled Feta cheese
- 3 scallions (green onions), sliced thin.
- 1/4 – 1/2 lime, freshly squeezed
Mix all ingredients in bowl, squeeze lime juice all over mixture and let sit, covered, for at least an hour or more before using.