It’s been FOREVER since I’ve made shrimp at home for the kids. Today I decided to make them some.
- 1 pound of shrimp (I used 71/90), deveined and tails removed
- 1 Tbls chopped garlic
- 2 Lrg green onions sliced (4 if regular size)
- 2 Lrg Serrano Chilies, chopped (seeds included)
- 1 Tbls Cilantro, chopped
- Dash of lime
- Brown sugar (I used a palm size amount)
- 1 Tbls butter
- Rice noodles
- Boil enough water to cover noodles and soak them for 20 minutes.
- Sauté the garlic and shrimp
- Add can of coconut milk, brown sugar, green onions, chilies and cilantro
- Bring back to a boil and stir 1 minute
- Place noodles in bowls and ladle shrimp and sauce over noodles
This could make a wonderful soup with the shrimp and some crab added. Your choice.