- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2-6 ears corn, small ears
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 Andouille Sausage, sliced in 1″ chunks
- 4 cups couscous, cooked
Combine the first 9 ingredients in a heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag, add the shrimp and marinate for one hour. Place the corn in a such oven, add the andouille Sausage, pour the shrimp mixture over the corn and sausage to cover it.
At campsite, Place sealed Dutch oven directly on hot coals, or in a BBQ with the coals piled all around the Dutch oven (or cook in a 450° oven if at home); cook 20 minutes. Serve over couscous.
I have a kid who hates seafood, so I used the same marinade recipe for 6 chicken thighs. I poured chicken and marinade from the bag into heavy-duty foil, sealed and placed directly on the coals next to Dutch oven, as seen in picture above.